I've said it before, but it bears repeating: personal proposals are the key to greatness! A engagement story can be elaborate and over the top, or small and intimate, but making it personal is key! Lee DeWyze, the sweet crooner from the 2010 season of American Idol, recently popped the question to Jonna Walsh. Here's what he did right:
- Make it personal. Lee knew Jonna loves all things Disney-related, so asking her to spend the rest of their lives together in Disney World was the perfect decision. It's shows that he knows who she is and is somewhere they'll be able to visit forever and remember their engagement.
- Keep it exciting. There are certain things in life that nearly everyone would denote as exciting and fireworks are definitely one of those things. Proposing is a big deal; it is something to be celebrated and to be excited about so interpret this in in a way that makes your proposal exciting.
- Short is just as sweet. Even though Lee admits going off script when the time came around, he is also quick to say that he planned out what he was going to say. Even the most practiced speakers will get nervous and forget their 'lines' so keep it short and sweet.
Image via Just Jared.
If you missed me on ABC Nightline, here's the clip! And, check out my Marriage Proposal Do's and Don'ts here! Thanks very much to all of the fantastic vendors who helped make this happen, including The Surrey Hotel, Blossom & Branch Floral Design, Lolly Love, Jean Papa and the photographers who shared their past proposal work Blue Daisy Weddings, Zlatko Batistich and Jennifer Davis Photography.
Click here to watch the video.
Graffiti proposals are all the rage and I can't help but love them! Especially when you get the fun part of seeing her reaction and the "yes!" moment. If you're in New York City, stop by and check out this mural in person at Avenue A and 2nd Street for the next month or so! Want to propose like this? Give us a call and we'll take care of all of the proposal planning details.
via Huffington Post.
We've got breaking news in the proposal world today: Kim Kardashian is engaged! Her new fiance, Kris Humphries, popped the question on one knee surrounded by red rose petals spelling out "Will You Marry Me?" The ring was a custom-designed 20.5 carat Lorraine Schwartz stunner. Here's my expert take on their proposal story, and what he did right:
- Have a ring. 20.5 carats? Kris knocked this one out of the park. I hope Kim feels the same way.
- Make it a Surprise. Kris waited in Kim's room to ensure she would be completely taken by surprise. No lame proposal dinners here!
- Consider the Aftermath. Since the future bride is so close with her family, Kris planned an intimate party to celebrate immediately after the engagement. Not only were they able to share the details of the proposal, but could also show off her new bling!
Photo courtesy of People.